Recently on my mind: Dun lose weight.

Previous Posts

Archives

More Bloggers


My CaReLeSs WhIsPeR-Think UNIT TRUST, Think Agnes

Sunday, June 04, 2006
Briefed
My briefing presentation? How do u readers think I did? :p

Well, it went ok. I gotta give the same briefing for 4 freaking sessions man and that sucked. I would prefer to brief 300 person at one go than to segregate these ppl into 4 sessions. 2 in the morning and the other 2 in the afternoon. My manager’s discretion, I have no say on that.

Was nervous welcoming/seeing these ppl walked into the room, but once I got on stage, the nervousness vanished and I started with my presentation. My manager attended all 4 sessions, surprisingly, and of coz my supervisor was there too. The most intimidating part of all was whenever I looked at my manager’s direction. She sat facing the projector screen on her left but her big bulging eyes was staring at me on the right. Trust me, her stare was damn scary and was like implying “You’re representing Personnel Management Department, you better not screw up anything, else you’re the one who’ll get screwed at the end of the day” Well, if I were to be a manager one day, I wouldn’t want anything to go wrong too. So I can understand this hahaha.

This is really a new experience man, presenting in front of so many ppl elder than me, and ppl of higher level and position. It was so cool. My supervisor kept praising me, she said she couldn’t do it like how I did, she even said my manger couldn’t have done it too hehehehe. Whatever! I was enjoying it.

There is this production supervisor who once sent me an email, complimenting the way I work. He also said he would alwiz support me in my job. Hmm…my manager also never praise me and give me encouragement like that before though. Anyway, he attended the briefing so lagilah I should do my best. Plus, Cubic’s cutest engineer was one of the attendees too kekeke. If you think I was trying to give my best only for these particular sessions, then you’re wrong. I had given my 100% for all four.
I guess more ppl recognize me now, which is not a bad thing. At least now I am somebody, remember when I used to complain that I’m nobody but juz another customer service officer back in Singtel? ;p

I’m glad and of coz I’ll never stop learning and improving myself so that I’ll do better in the future.

Got an email from my manager.

Hi Eva/Agnes,
Thanks for the good coordination & presentation today. Many gave positive inputs abt the system & yr presentation skill. Good Job!

Anyway, do u know how it feels like when you’re gonna have a huge presentation and you received a msg from your fren at 6am in the morning wishing you all the best? That happened a week ago where I was supposed to do the briefing already but I din tell him that it had been postponed to this week instead. Feels great. I dunno about other ppl… whether or not they find this kinda thing significant coz I’m the type who would really appreciate. I wonder...is it juz me?

Btw, I told my family about this job assignment. My dad is proud, my mom can’t belif I can do public speaking haha, my grandmother din really know how everything was like but I’m sure if she knows, she would beam too. It was a tiring day, mannn!

A busy, exhausting, long but meaningful Tuesday at work :)

Post a Comment